AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe (ASD)
ASD is the voice of European Aeronautics, Space, Defence and Security Industries, representing over 3,000 companies and actively supporting the competitive development of the sector in Europe and worldwide. It has direct members, active in 18 countries, including 16 major European industries and 24 National Associations. ASD members together employed more than 843,000 people and generated a turnover of €220 billion in 2016.
For the benefit of European industries and in the collective interest of its members, ASD seeks to:
- act as a single voice to promote the best interests of the Industry in dialogue with the EU Institutions and other stakeholders;
- contribute to shape effective policy and legislation at European and global level by advocating common positions;
- promote international cooperation and dialogue with other international associations and organisations;
- raise awareness about the benefits of our sectors to a large variety of audiences: politicians, decision-makers, businesses, the media, general public, NGOs and other stakeholders;
- act as the central intelligence hub for expert knowledge on industry-related issues.